Stories Organisations Projects About Login

hunting stick

From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria

Description
A handmade carved wooden club with carved rings at top and bottom.
Size
L-170mm
Object Registration
335
Keywords
weapon new-hebrides hunting-club morton
Historical information
Inspected by Joanna Freslov, archaeologist 2.6.2008.
This club was brought from New Hebrides to Orbost by Reverend Alex Morton in 1894. Morton was the minister at the Presbyterian church about 1890. He had spent time in new Hebrides and went on to New Zealand.
Last updated
3 Mar 2017 at 10:08AM