Book - Chambers's Cyclopaedia of English Literature: Volume 2
From the Collection of Ballarat Clarendon College 1425 Sturt Street Ballarat Victoria
- Bound in half calf with pebble grained cloth boards, marbled edges, gilt lettering and decoration on the spine. Six raised bands on spine with gold lettering on second and fourth compartments; College crest embossed on front cover; black and white illustrated, 816 p.
- 190mmW x 260mmH
- howard-prize, robert-a-mitchell, 1879, ballarat-college.
- This book was awarded as the "Howard" prize to Robert A. Mitchell for Geography in 1879. Robert Mitchell, (D.O.B 9/2/1862), entered the College on 9th July, 1878. Robert is the son of Robert Mitchell who resided at Teragram Cottage, St. Arnaud.
- W. and R. Chambers (Publisher), Robert Carruthers (Editor)
- Book plate inside front cover:College crest / Geography/the "Howard" prize/Sixth form/Awarded to/Robert A. Mitchell/Christmas, 1879.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM