From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- Pith Helmet is khaki colour with khaki puggaree, the puggaree has three folds and sewn on the left hand side of the puggaree is a blue white red colour patch. There is a leather band around the brim of the helmet and across the front visor there is a leather chin strap with metal adjustment buckles there is a ball shaped finial in the top of the hat.
- 37.4 x 27 x 21cm
- khaki pith helmet field use dress uniform headware
- The earliest appearance of these helmets went back as far as 1840 for use in the field and then worn with dress uniform only in the 20th century.
- The helmet was part of military uniform from 1840 up until the the mid 20th century.
- Handwritten inside the helmet is the name of Sgt. Canr A.E.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM