Double bean slicer (bonensnijder) with Guard
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- Green painted cast iron cover disc with turning handle, table clamp, two slots of slightly different sizes.
Inside, cast iron disc with three steel cutting blades. Handle cast iron with wooden knob.
Slightly cylindrical steel cutting guide open at one end ,to prevent scattering of sliced beans.
- Length 23.5 cm, Diameter 14 cm, Slot 1, 7x1.5 cm, slot 2 , 6x1 cm. Guard: height 7 cm, Diameter 14 cm.5cm
- food preparation, kitchenware
- Brought to Australia by Dutch immigrant family
- Pe De
- The tough flat beans for which this was used were made easier to cook by slicing them finely.
- On front: Pe De
- 7 Mar 2017 at 11:35AM