From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Brighton Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Woven turquoise silk taffeta turban style ladies hat with half bow, circa 1960s. White mesh interior with teal grosgrain binding, thin black elastic band.
- Height 13.5 cms, Diameter 22 cms,
- hat, milliner, turban, mayra rasmussen, rae rasmussen, brighton, misses mooney
- This hat belonged to Mrs Mayra Rasmussen who lived at 389 St Kilda Street, Brighton. She lived there for over 50 years with her husband Rae Rasmussen, manager with the State Bank of Victoria.
- Misses Mooney (Milliner)
- The Mooney sisters, Nell and Ida, were situated beside the Regent Theatre in Collins Street, Melbourne and were well respected milliners and dressmakers. The hat's style is typical of the 1960s.
- Label, woven black on white: MISSES MOONEY / OF MELBOURNE
- 20 Mar 2019 at 11:35PM