Pederic Gas Producer
From the Collection of Friends of Kurth Kiln Kurth Kiln Regional Park Worri Yallock Victoria
- A Gas Producer Unit that converted charcoal into a gas suitable for the combustion engine. Used on motor vehicles during WWII petrol rationing restrictions. It consists of a hopper to hold the charcoal and a firebox to generate the gas
- Height 1.2m Width 500mm diameter round.
- gas producer, bagshot, wilma
- The Unit was picked up from a paddock on a farm in Bagshot, near Bendigo. It was donated to the Friends of Kurth Kiln Heritage Collection by the Family of Cyril H Peatling on 23 December 2006.
- Pederick Company, distributed by S A Cheney Pty Ltd (Maker)
- Gas Producer Units are of significance to Kurth Kiln because they demonstrate the enduse of the charcoal that was created at Kurth Kiln. Considerable documentation has been made available to us on its history, including a picture of the truck is was mounted on.
- Nameplate missing
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM