Gas Producer from Talbot
From the Collection of Friends of Kurth Kiln Kurth Kiln Regional Park Worri Yallock Victoria
- This Gas Producer unit appears to be home-made mild steel construction for a specific purpose. The assembly sits on a welded frame, the hopoper on one side, the filter drum on the other and the radiator in between.
- Height - 1.1m, Width - 1.5m, Depth 0.7m, Weight - 150kg
- According to Les Solomano this unitoriginally belonged to the Hendricks brothers of Talbot. It was mounted on the front bumper of their 6 ton truck used for general cartage.
- The Unit shows the wide range of Gas Producers constructed during the war years to drive with charcoal fuel.
- there are no specific markings visible
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM