Victorian Agricultural Society Medal
From the Collection of Koroit & District Historical Society Victoria Park High Street Koroit VIC
- Circular medal with small knob on top.
- ägricultural shows, potatoes, koroit, tower hill
- This medal, dated 1858, was awarded to local farmer Marcus Macartney by the Victorian Agricultural Society on the 21 April 1858, for the prize 'Potatoes
- The medal is of local historical significance"for its association with the early promotion of agriculture in Victoria through public shows and competitions in the 1850's; and its link to the emergence of the Koroit-Tower Hill area,with its rich volcanic soil, as a properous farming district, especially for potato-growing." (Helen Doyle, Significance Assesment: Koroit & District Historical Society.)
- Äround circumference/""EXTRA PRIZE VICTORIAN AGRICULTUREAL SOCIETY. Engraving on medal "Potatoes/Awarded To/Mr Marcus Macartney /April 21st/1858 Reverse
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM