From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- The medallion is round the obverse depicts Simpson and his donkey carrying a wounded soldier to safety. It is bordered on the lower half by a laurel wreath above the word ANZAC. The reverse shows a map in relief of Australia and New Zealand superimposed by the Southern Cross. The lower half will be boardered by the New Zealand Fern Leaves. There is a crown at the top of the medallion. The medallion is cast in bronze.
- 7.5 x 5 x 1 cm.
- anzac, medallioin, gallipoli, 1915-1916, defence.
- ANZAC Commemorative Medallion is issued to all members of the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force who served on the Gallipoli Peninsula. The medallion is also known as the Gallipoli Medallion.
- Mid 20th Century
- Department of Defence (Creator)
- The personnel receiving the medallion served on the Gallipoli Peninsula from 25 April 1915 to the final date of evacuation in January 1916.
- This medallion has the name W.E. Sabeston inscribed on the back underneath the New Zealand Fern Leaves.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM