Article - The Batman Tree: a brief history
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria
- 5 pages of text and illustrations.
- batmans apple tree, noel withers, john batman, robert whatmough, frederick nevin flintoff, plenty river, 1841
- A compilation of information on the Batman Apple Tree collected and written by Noel Withers.
- Noel Withers (President of GHS)
- This is possibly the oldest apple tree in Victoria. It was planted on the banks of the Plenty River in 1841.
- 4 May 2017 at 12:45AM