Historical information

These hand-made nails were used in what was Temple's Store built in 1889. It later became Herbert's - now demolished and is the present site of the Foodworks Supermarket.


Temple's store was on the corner of Ruskin Street and Nicholson Street. George Temple (1832-1918) established the store in about 1888. He packed stores to the Bendoc area gold fields.

Physical description

Two lots of hand-made nails. .1 is a set of five small nails tied together with string. .2 is a set of three longer nails which are very rusty.