Booklet - Portfolio of Photographs of Famous Cities.
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- Soft card, light brown cover, with black text. Inside black rectangular border is the title “John L. Stoddard’s Portfolio of Photographs of Famous Cities scenes and Paintings.”
In smaller text “Published weekly by the Werner Company of Chicago.”Art Series 10 on top left corner.. Inside are 16 pages of Black and white photos of scenes from around the world, with explanatory text underneath each photo. Back cover has list of contents of Series 11.
- 34cm x 28cm.
- warrnambool, philp, booksellers.
- : In a time when travel to distant parts of the world were difficult. Magazines such as these, offered people the opportunity to see the sights of the World.
- Printed in USA (Maker)
- The link to Warrnambool, with this publication is the R.A. Philp stamp on the front cover. R. A. Philp was a bookseller who operated his business in Timor St opposite the Post Office.
- Purple stamp, R.A. Philp, bookseller Warrnambool, in centre top. Gordon and Gotch, London, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Capetown.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM