Historical information

Before 1941 "Hillside", McCartney's Road was associated with the Carroll Family. Patrick Edmund Carroll, his wife Mary Matilda Fitzgerald, and children Kathleen, Ronald and Rosemary were the last members of the family to live at and work "Hillside". Stanislaus Kelly and his wife Margaret (nee Gorman) bought the farm from the Carroll family. The couple raised six children on the land: May, Mary, Leo, Ray (Lofty), Daniel (Tich) and Bernadette. The family grew spuds and onions on the hill and milked cows, with the little dairy located on the eastern side of the house. (information from Mary Kelly)

Physical description

Colour digital photographs of Crossley, Victoria, near McCartney's Lane. The house depicted is "Hillside" in McCartney's Lane. The views towards an extinct volcano is Tower Hill.