David Fletcher Jones commenced his tailoring and hawking business in the 1920’s. The business expanded through the decades to become the main manufacturing employer in the city of Warrnambool. The business moved from Liebig Street around 1947 to a site in East Warrnambool which was once an old quarry. The factory which was built at “Pleasant Hill” manufactured quality clothing, initially men’s trousers, suits which expanded in later times to include ladies’ wear. A network of stores was opened throughout Australia to sell the garments.
A common item linked to a significant business and personality of Warrnambool.Fletcher Jones Factory held a significant place in the economic development of the city. The Fletcher Jones Gardens remain a significant landmark in the city
Black plastic coat hanger with metal hook.
Inscriptions & markings
Fletcher Jones in gold lettering below the hook.