Historical information

Warrnambool State School, No, 1743 was opened in 1876. The site in Jamieson St was easy to access from the surrounding areas of Belfast, Woodford, and Allansford roads. It was the main school in Warrnambool, before the development of Primary schools at East and West Warrnambool. A large part of Warrnambool’s children have attended this school over the 140 years it has been in existence.


A common item with which a large number of Warrnambool residents would identify.

Physical description

Brown woven woollen tie with diagonal yellow stripes. White tag with black and red writing sewn into back seam.

Inscriptions & markings

Tee- Dee, pure wool, school and college wear.