Albert E. Williams first studied art under Fred Foster after being awarded a scholarship to the Ballarat East Art School. In 1913 he became one of the first intake of 83 students to study the Merit Certificate at the newly opened Ballarat Junior Technical School. Williams was the second person to receive a certificate from that institution. He then studied under H.H. Smith for the Art Teachers’ Certificate at the Ballarat School of Mines Technical Art School between 1915 and 1920.
Williams joined the staff of the Ballarat Junior Technical School in 1921, teaching sign writing, ticket writing and house decoration. He taught in other technical schools between 1923 and 1928, returning to Ballarat in that year to fill a vacancy left by John Rowell . Williams continued his teaching career at both the Ballarat School of Mines Technical Art School and the Junior Technical School until 1942. He taught in various other technical schools from 1943, retiring as Headmaster of the Brighton Technical School in 1964.
Albert E. Williams continued producing artwork throughout his career, and was responsible for the education of generations of artists and art teachers.
This item is part of the Federation University Art Collection. The Art Collection features over 1000 works and was listed as a 'Ballarat Treasure' in 2007.
Pen and ink measured drawing showing side elevation, front elevation, sectional elevation and scales.