Book - The Sailor of the Istar
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- Green paperback with white band with black text
- 25cm x 19cm x 1.7 cm
- warrnambool, l duncan author, lillian duncan, royal chambers warrnambool
- L Duncan wrote three novels Bobbie, Trust and Risk and The sailor of the Istar. Her nom de plume is her initials of her actual name , Lillian Jane Duncan, hence El Ja Dy.
- Lillian Jane Duncan was the daughter of George and Emily Duncan who lived for some time in Lenzie in Hopetoun Road Warrnambool. She was one of ten children and one of four of the Duncan Children born in Pentridge where her father was Inspector General of Penal Establishments. Lillian and her sister operated a typewriting business in Royal Chambers around the mid 1890’s.
- Red British library label top left corner of front cover. British Library Historical print editions. To Sir John and Lady Thurston . This story of Fiji and Tongan Episodes is gratefully dedicated in memory of seven happy months of the authors’s life in Fiji.
- 25 Jan 2018 at 1:22PM