Abdominal Surgical Sucker
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- Used to suck fluid from abdomen.
In sealed sterile bag - 2 metal instruments. 1. long thick nail with 9 little holes in 6 rows along the length. Other end is knob with lines embossed around it. 2. Long rod with cap on which the other side of is a bent rod with 3 'beads' at the end. This rod has a hole at the other end.
- 'Nail" 180 mm long.Holes along 60 mm of length and knob 5 mm long. 6 mm in diameter. No. 2 160 mm long. 'cap' 10 mm long. Bent rod 15 mm long. Other end 20 mm long. Rod 4 mm in diameter
- KVHS 0557
- medical instrument. hospital equipment. tawonga. mt beauty.abdomen
- This medical instrument was used in the Tawonga District General Hospital which was built in the 1950s specifically for the increase in population due to the Kiewa Hydro Scheme.
- Historical: Shows the development of scientific hospital equipment. Provenance: Used in the Tawonga District General Hospital which was remote and therefore required good equipment.
- 27 Jul 2017 at 4:42PM