Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Black and white photograph - Lake Bolac Post Office - Glenelg Highway Lake Bolac c.1940s

From the Collection of Lake Bolac & District Historical Society 2110 Glenelg Highway Lake Bolac Victoria

Description
black and white photograph
Size
25 cms x 18 cms
Object Registration
735
Historical information
Lake Bolac Post Office Glenelg Highway. Initially the Post Office was established at the Store in 1868. This official weatherboard building was opened in 1887 incorporating a telegraph office, money order office and post office savings bank. The Post Office business was relocated in 1944 and the building was used as a private residence with the front room leased to Dennys Lascelles. Note the horse hitching rail and kerosene street light.
Last updated
19 Apr 2017 at 12:02PM