Stories Organisations Projects Login

Black and white photograph - Josiah Park's Home built in 1890

From the Collection of Lake Bolac & District Historical Society Glenelg Highway Lake Bolac Victoria

Description
black and white photograph
Size
25 cms x 18 cms
Object Registration
38
Historical information
Bluestone home of Josiah and Mary Park built in 1890 by English stonemason James Murray. Josiah had the blacksmith business next door and built the house and stables to house his family of 12. The laundry and bathroom were detached and water was pumped from a large underground tank by a windmill manufactured in the blacksmith shop. The verandah was added in 1920 and this photo was taken in 1974.
Last updated
19 Apr 2017 at 12:03PM