By 1910 revenue from the Beech Forest railway was $15,500, working expenditure $12,000, with a net loss (including interest charges) of about $4,000. This and the following year were the lowest net losses ever experienced. Passenger journeys rose steadily, outwards goods traffic rose to a record 12,959 tons (in 1911), and inwards goods traffic was a record 3,359 tons.. The railway station possessed a goods shed, stock race and yards, engine shed, coal stage, crew cabins, a refreshment room, and a four-roomed station building, with the station staff to match. Beech Forest was the principal despatch centre at this stage for split timber. Bill Devitt laid a timber tramway to the Beech Forest railway station to cart the palings for on-shipment..
B/W. 177mm x 271mm. A general view from the eastern end of Beech Forest station in 1910. Note the Goods Shed, three tracks with No.3 Road having a NU louvre van and loaded NQR wagons, timber stacks to the left, and Devitt's Tramway with unloaded trolleys at the lower left. To the right, crew cabins with shops and houses in the background.