Historical information

Vickers of Sheffield in England manufactured armaments in the WWI period. In the early 1920s commenced manufacturing tractors under license to International Harvester. This tractor was aimed at the Australian market and called the 'Aussie' with the first available in 1925 but lack of sales forced Vickers to abandon tractor manufacture by 1930. This advertisement is part of the Uebergang Collection of rural items given into the care of the Cheese World Museum.
. The Uebergang family came from Silesia to Australia in 1848 and were early settlers in the Allansford area. The sons and other descendants also purchased farms in the area. The Percy Uebergang family lived at Tooram Park, Allansford from 1912 until 1992. Percy and Myrtle Uebergang's children were twins, Ray and Joyce born in 1926 who lived at Tooram Park until their deaths, Ray in 1986 and Joyce in 1992 after which the property was sold. Neither Ray nor Joyce married and following the death of her brother Joyce set up the Ray and Joyce Uebergang Foundation which supports the local community.
The collection of items from their property was put into store for a number of years before being given into the care of the Cheese World Museum. The family often re-used, recycled and repaired items and examples can be seen in the museum.

Physical description

A4 size advertisement cut from a newspaper showing the Vicker's tractors new features and a drawing of the tractor.

Inscriptions & markings

Built by Vicker's Ltd/Vicker's Tractors/And Now a Better Vickers than ever.