Photograph of Lillie & James Morgan with friends
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- A professional photograph of Lillie Morgan (nee Duncan) and husband James Morgan dining at Marios' restaurant in Melbourne with three unidentified friends. The printed image is professionally mounted in a Marios' display folder.
- 150mm x 190mm
- lillie duncan, lillie morgan, james morgan, marios', 1960s
- The photograph shows five seated individuals dining at Marios' restaurant, Melbourne. The ladies are wearing finery and corsages which suggests that this may have been a post-marriage celebration following the wedding of Lillie and James Morgan. Their marriage certificate records the date as 26th of April, 1969.
- Renouf of Marios' (Maker)
- This is a photograph of social and historic significance, being part of a sub-collection of material that provides a snapshot of the type of individuals involved in the Ladies Harbour Lights Guild and the activities carried out by that organisation. The image is also an insight into fashions of the time as well as into the relationship between Lillie and James.
- The front of the display folder reads "Greetings from Marios' Continental Restaurant Melbourne - Australia"
Insignia of the restaurant is printed beneath the photograph and the photographer's name 'Renouf' is printed alongside.
On the reverse "Fully air-conditioned" and "Photography by Renouf of Marios'" is printed in red ink. There is also a sketch in blue biro of a cat and a horse and rider.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM