Bluestone weir, Rockbeare Park, February 1975
From the Collection of Darebin Parklands Association Separation St. Alphington Vic
- B&W photograph showing remains of bluestone weir across Darebin Creek
- 2600 x 2000 pixels
- This bluestone weir is one of two in the same section of Darebin Creek and is a remanent from early farming days. A vineyard was established by Thomas Bear and produced award wining table wines in the 1860-70s. Orange trees were later grown on the slopes below Rockbeare Grove and mixed market gardening was established in this area as the land was progressively sub-divided and leased. The weirs were used to dam the creek and pumps used to pump water to the vineyards and orange grove.
- Ingrid Svendsen (Maker)
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM