Resistance Decade Box
From the Collection of The Ed Muirhead Physics Museum Level 2, The School of Physics, David Caro Building (192) Corner of Elgin and Swanston Streets The University of Melbourne Parkville VIC
- Resistance decade box constructed with a rectangular wooden body and black plastic top displaying five large dials and fifteen smaller dials. Unit measurements are inscribed beneath each dial.
- 15.5cm x 45cm x 17.2cm
- j. l. william, scientific instruments, resistance decade box, electrical instruments, decade box
- mid-20th Century
- J. L. William Scientific Instruments (Scientific Instruments)
- Related to objects 451 and 452
- Left to right on top panel surrounding dials: 'INT / OHMS AT 20 C MANGANIN / PURCHASED BY UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION / J. L. WILLIAM MELBOURNE'
Adhered label at center of top, between dials: 'Part 2 W B S'
Long front side has an metal panel with paper label and PVC covering demonstrating setup that has 'SERIAL No 416' engraved along upper edge.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM