Resistance Decade Box
From the Collection of The Ed Muirhead Physics Museum Level 2, The School of Physics, David Caro Building (192) Corner of Elgin and Swanston Streets The University of Melbourne Parkville VIC
- This rectangular wooden resistance decade box features four large dials for controlling resistances. The dials are mounted atop a black plastic panel, each with a square base. Three smaller dials are mounted to the right of the large dials.
- height: 17.5cm length: 40cm depth: 13.5cm
- j. l. william, decade box, electrical equipment, resistance decade box, scientific instruments
- This object is believed to be associated with training at the Parkville Secondary Teaching College during the 20th Century.
- mid-20th Century
- J. L. William Scientific Instruments (Scientific Instruments)
- Related to objects 450 and 452
- Embossed plaque at front: 'J. L. WILLIAM / SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS / SERIAL No 3960 / TYPE RB4DS / MELBOURNE / AUSTRALIA'
Engraved and filled white on top plate from left to right: 'ABSOLUTE OHMS AT 20 C / MANGANIN' Logo reading: 'J. L. WILLIAM / SCIENTIFIC / INSTRUMENTS / MELBOURNE / SERIAL No 3960' 'ZERO RESISTANCE / 0.004 OHM'
Engraved on back edge of top panel: 'SECONDARY TEACHER COLLEGE PARKVILLE'
Dials are labelled underneath with unit measurements for resistance settings, engraved and in-filled white.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM