Resistance Decade Box
From the Collection of The Ed Muirhead Physics Museum Level 2, The School of Physics, David Caro Building (192) Corner of Elgin and Swanston Streets The University of Melbourne Parkville VIC
- Resistance decade box constructed from rectangular base of ferrous metal with black plastic top. Top displays five circular dials with three smaller circular dials on the right.
- 18.5cm x 48.5cm x 13.5cm
- decade box, resistance decade box, j. l. william, electrical equipment, scientific instruments
- mid-20th Century
- J. L. William Scientific Instruments (Maker)
- Related to objects 450 and 451.
- Embossed plaque at front: 'J. L. WILLIAM / SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS / SERIAL No 3012 / TYPE RR5S / MELBOURNE / AUSTRALIA'
Engraved and filled white on top plate from left to right: 'ABSOLUTE OHMS AT 20 C / MANGANIN' Label reading 'PHYSICS PT 2 222 A4' Logo reading: 'J. L. WILLIAM / SCIENTIFIC / INSTRUMENTS / MELBOURNE / SERIAL No 3012' 'ZERO RESISTANCE / 0.006 OHM'
Dials labelled underneath with unit measurements engraved and filled white.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM