Photograph - 2/4th Independent Company
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- A photograph attached to cardboard in a metal frame. The Photograph is covered by perspex instead of glass.
- 40.3cm x 22.5cm x 0.3cm
- east timor, a.i.f. 2/4th independent company. 1942-43.
- This photograph is of 2/4th Independent Company A.I.F Timor 1942-43.This Company was formed in December and posted to Katherine, NT, in March 1942.
The Company was deployed to areas between McArthur and Ord Rivers and in August moved to Adelaide River. In September the Company moved to Darwin and boarded the destroyer HMAS Voyager and travelled to East Timor (then Portuguese Timor) to reinforce 2/2nd Independent Company.
- circa 1943
- This photograph is the 2/4th Independent Company Members that served in East Timor 1942-43.
- 2/4th Australian Independent Company, A.I.F. Timor 1942-43.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM