The Framlingham Aboriginal Trust is a shareholder- owned organization established under Victorian law in 1971. The Trust owns and manages part of what was the old Aboriginal Reserve established in 1861 under the auspices of the Church of England. In 1865 the Reserve was officially established as a Government-managed aboriginal station. By 1970 the original area of 3,500 acres was whittled down to 585 acres and handed over to the Framlingham Aboriginal Trust.
Framlingham is today one of only two discrete aboriginal communities in Victoria where aborigines live on aboriginal land and is an important part of the district cultural life. The celebration of the 150th anniversary of Framlingham’s establishment in 2014 was therefore a significant event in the district’s history and the booklet is a permanent reminder of this.
This is a small booklet of 8 pages containing information on the 150th celebrations of Framlingham Aboriginal Reserve in 2014. The cover has a cream background with illustrations and printed material in yellow, black and brown. The pages are stapled. The booklet includes photographs, maps, illustrations and printed material.
Inscriptions & markings
Front cover: ‘Framlingham Aboriginal Reserve 150th Anniversary Celebration, April 12, 2014, Ngatanwarr’ etc Back cover: Acknowledgements of sponsors and written material