Historical information

Malcolm Moore No. 1015 One of a Batch of 92 such rail tractors built. Builders Number 1015. Built for the Australian Army in 1943 Built for the Australian army - delivered to Army on the 3 March 1944 and was sold to the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission at Red Cliffs, Victoria. - used at the Red Cliffs Power station to haul briquettes from the rail siding Red Cliffs to the Red Cliffs Power Station and also used for shunting and some haulage from the Red Cliffs siding.. This rail tractor was originally powered by a Ford side valve V8 petrol engine. It arrived at the Museum from Red Cliffs in 1977 and is operational. Originally equipped with a Ford side valve V8 Later replaced by a Fordson Major diesel tractor engine.

Significance

Historic - Narrow Gauge Industrial Railway - used by the Australian Army, and the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission at Redcliffs, Victoria, Australia

Physical description

Malcolm Moore No.1015 - Malcolm Moore Rail Tractor 0-4-0 Malcolm Moore Rail Tractor - Steel (Painted)

Inscriptions & markings

Malcolm Moore Rail Tractor 0-4-0 Malcolm Moore 2' Gauge 1015