Stories Organisations Projects About Login

book - Occasional Sermons

From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria

A brown covered book with an embossed design on the front cover. Written by Rev. Charles Clayton M.A. Published by Seeley, Jackson & Halliday, Fleet Street London.
H-204mm W-130mm D-30mm
Object Registration
book dicken-frank religious-literature sermons
Historical information
This book was owned by F.B. Dicken. Frank and May Dicken moved to Orbost in 1936 where Frank became manager of Pardew Brothers store in Nicholson Street. In 1945, Frank purchased the business and in 1947, formed a partnership with his son, Selwyn. The store was then called F.B. Dicken and Son. The premise are still retained by the Dicken family although the shop business was sold in 1981. (ref. In Times Gone By - Deborah Hall)
When Made
Made By
Simmons & Botten (Maker)
Inscriptions & Markings
o Hand-written on the flyleaf at the front - To Frank Dicken the Rev'd
with the best wishes R. Weston
of his old Friend and Vicar April 1926
Last updated
3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM