Tatura Irrigation & Wartime Camps Museum, Tatura
17 pages of photocopy material, with B/W photos, printed on A4 paper. Held together by a stapler. Painting of the original mansion on front page.
Tells of James Winter building Dhurringile mansion, and life as it was in the surrounding townships. The mansion was completed in 1877. The name "Dhurringile"was taken from an Aboriginal word meaning "crouching emu". History of the mansion - including a home for German internees (Aug. 1941 - July 1945) a training farm for British orphans ( 1947 - 1965) and is now a minimum security prison (1965 -)