From the Collection of Tatura Irrigation & Wartime Camps Museum 49 Hogan S Tatura VIC
- Cardboard box containing 3 in 1 game set. Box is tan & cream with small checkered pattern. Picture on front of two men in possible military uniforms playing chess. Double sided board with red & cream chess squares on one side & pattern of lines on reverse, folded to fit inside box. 16 red & cream, & 16 blue & cream coloured leather round chess/ draughts pieces for use on board.
- Box: 24 x 12.5 x 1|Board: 22.5 x 23|Pieces: 2.5 round
- tatura, ww2, camp 3, internment, internee camps, toys, general
- Else Oertel was a German internee in Camp 3A from 1940-1945. The German Red Cross sent items to the internees in the camps and this game was one of the items given to the Oertel family. Else's daughter, Else-Lore Hukins donated the items.
- (On lid of box): Schach - Dame und Muhle/ Das Kombinationsspiel mit dem gleichen Stein (D.R.G.M.)/ Ein gruB aus der heimat/|(At bottom of picture on lid): Combi-Spiele G.m b.H., Hannover-Linden
- 11 Jul 2018 at 10:35AM