Photograph - Digital image - Iredale Family 1 [man and woman]
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria
- Digital copy of black and white studio photograph.
- james iredale, george iredale, farmers arms hotel
- Photograph of members of the Iredale family - George Iredale and Anna Marie [nee Gilding]. In 1858, James Iredale owned the General Store in Main Street Greensborough, when it became the Town’s Post Office. The Farmers Arms Hotel was built on the corner of Main and Hailes Street in 1864 by George Iredale to cater for the ever increasing number of wood carters and other hauliers carting their wares between Melbourne, timber mills and the gold fields. The Farmers Arms Hotel is currently the site of the Greensborough Hotel.
- 22 Apr 2017 at 11:02PM