Historical information

Trophy donated in 1970, by Mr Peter Damman in memory of his father, a Past Commodore of the Club, Seasons 1924-1918, and Long Serving member. Allocated for ‘Off-the-Beach Boats’ it was first won January 15, 1972, by J.S. Collingwood with the Heron Class yacht Cirius II. Later to become solely for the Cadet Dinghy Section and first won Season 1975-76 by L. Mulligan with Kestrel. Following the demise of the 12ft Cadet Dinghy Class, trophy reallocated to cover Squadron long distance series of events.

Physical description

Silver rose bowl trophy standing 240 mm high to lip edge, 380 mm in diameter on solid flared stepped footing. Raised grapes and leaves around top edge also footing of bowl. Has silver wire grid. Trophy mounted on 70 mm high round, bevelled Rosewood base, with silver winners’ inscription shields around bevelled diameter.

Inscriptions & markings

ROYAL MELBOURNE YACHT SQUADRON PERCY DAMMAN MEMORIAL TROPHY ‘OFF THE BEACH BOATS’