Mt Beauty Higher Elementary School commenced in 1953 as the need for a secondary school grew with the increase in population due to the Kiewa Hydro Scheme. It became the Mt Beauty High School in 1964. The blazer was worn as part of the winter uniform.
Historical: Education in Mt Beauty commenced relatively late so there was less of a tradition. The decision to adopt a uniform is of interest to compare with other schools and the times.
Pure wool dark green flannel pocket cut out from a Mt Beauty High School blazer. Emblem is machine stitched and has a yellow wattle decoration outside a yellow frame. Across the top of the frame in yellow 'High School", across the bottom of the frame "Mount Beauty", the 2 sides of the frame are hollow. Inside the frame is a stitched picture with a light blue sky, royal blue mountains with white peaks and a white curved path leads towards the mountains with light green 'paddocks' either side. Inscription on back in yellow and white.
Inscriptions & markings
Pinehurst / Blazer (in white) / Styled by Stamina / The "Doctor" / Pure Wool Flannel (in white)