From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Folded card with printed front cover, blank back page. Inside left is sepia photo stuck on showing "prisoners' camp cycle track Cape Town". Inside right page has three everlasting silver leaves. Centre leaf has hand painted three ostriches and a tree. Left leaf has handwritten " Loving greetings". Right leaf " To my dear Aunt". Red white and blue striped ribbon glued to base of centre leaf.
- Folded 11.5 cm wide 15.4 cm high. Opened 23 cm wide.
- harry jenkins, jenkins, boer war, churchill island, ada, annie, trott, boer, card, communication, australian, soldier
- Card was sent by Harry Jenkins, owner of Churchill Island 1936-1963, to his aunt Ada Annie Trott in 1902 while he was serving in the Boer War. It shows prison camp in Cape Town.
- Communication from Serving Australian soldier to family in Boer War.
- As for description. Stamped Jan 25 1902
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM