Instrument of Surrender
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- A paper copy of the Instrument of Surrender in a gold painted wooden frame.
- 32.5 cm x 42.7 cm x 3.7 cm
- ww2, instrument of surrender, aif
- The Instrument of Surrender was signed on 2 September 1945 and is the Surrender of the Empire of Japan.
Emperor Hirohito announced the Surrender of Japan in August 1945, the surrender document was signed by board USS Missouri on 2 September 1945.
- Late 20th Century
- The Instrument of Surrender ended WW2 in 1945.
- Presented to Fred Stanley, Best Wishes from RSL Club Norfolk Island 1995.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM