These cuff links were produced for the Warrnambool City Council presumably to give as gifts to visiting dignitaries etc. They may also have been available for the public to purchase. Warrnambool, first settled in 1847, was proclaimed a Municipality in 1856, a Borough in 1863, a Town in 1883 and a City in 1918.
These cuff links are of minor interest as an example of an item produced for the Warrnambool City Council – to use either as gifts or to sell to the public as a memento of the city.
These are round metal cufflinks (2) outlined in gold with gold pins (two prongs and a bar) for attachment to the shirt sleeves. The cuff links have the City of Warrnambool logo with gold, blue and cream printing and enamelling. The cuff links are in a plastic box which has a white base and a clear plastic lid and red velvet lining. The cuff links are attached to the inside of the box with black plastic strips.
Inscriptions & markings
‘City of Warrnambool, Victoria, By These We Flourish’