Historical information

These nails were found in the floorboards at 5A Liebig Street, the residence of Lee Harris at the time. The nails, being of the 19th century variety, pre-date the present building and must have come from a previous dwelling or perhaps a building associated with the old Shire Offices. The Shire Offices, near the corner of Liebig and Merri Streets, were erected in 1860 and the Shire continued to operate from there until 1936.


These nails are of interest as an example of the type of nails used in buildings in Warrnambool in the 19th century.

Physical description

These are 13 iron nails which taper to a point and have a blunt half head. They are all in a rusty condition.