Photograph - Digital image - Whatmough's "Cock Robin"
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria
- Digital copy of colour photograph.
- cock robin, robert whatmough
- Photograph of the horse "Cock Robin" owned by Robert Whatmough. Mr Robert Whatmough operated an orchard and commercial nursery on the property 'Willis Vale' at Greensborough and was related to Charles Partington by marriage. [Reference: The Argus - Wednesday 9 January 1850 Page 4... The River Plenty Races. – These races came off yesterday. The Plough Inn Cup of £25 was won by Mr. Beale’s Wallaby, beating three others. A pony race was won by Mr. Whatmough’s Cock Robin. A purse of £10 was won by Mr. Haye’s Gazelle.]
- The Whatmough family were Greensborough pioneers
- Photograph has printed caption: Celebrated Cock Robin aged 30 years. The property of Mr Robert Whatmough, Greensborough River Plenty. Date is illegible.
- 15 Apr 2018 at 12:20AM