Photograph - Colour - Equipment from the Carlton and United Brewery, Ballarat, 2007
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- Three photographs of the 140 ton Ammonia Compresor used at the Ballarat Brewery. The compressor was possibly moved to Ballarat from Carlton, and was used from c1930. It was built by Werner of Richmond.
- 15.0 x 10.0 cm
- ballarat brewery, ballarat brewing company, brew tower, brew, carlton and united breweries, werner, brewing, tulloch and mclaren, brewery, ballarat school of mines
- When the Ballarat Brewery was demolished the Ammonia Compressor was moved to near the Brew Tower, Armstrong Street.
- Label associated with the compressor
"The School of Mines and Industries Ballarat Limited
140 ton Ammonia Compressor, c1930
Built by Werner of Richmond, Melbourne, this compressor was removed from the Carlton and United Breweries Richmond factory and installed in Ballarat in 1959 in order to upgrade the refrigeration plant.
Refurbished by members of the former Ballarat Brewery Engine Room it serves as a reminder of the establishment of the brewery on this site by Tulloch and McLaren in 1862."
- 23 Oct 2019 at 10:23AM