Bottle - Medical
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- Small brown glass bottle sealed with a broken cork and has a yellow label with red writing on the front. On the back is embossed 'Poison' with each side embossed with small crosses in 3 rows - to indicate / emphasise it's poison. The bottle has 3 sides of a rectangle with the fourth side including 3 more sides. Two sides on an angle and attached to the back. Embossing on the base.
- 112 mm long; cork 5 mm long extending from bottle and 25 mm long altogether; Neck 25 mm. Front: 40 mm x sides 15 mm x back 15 mm x 2 sides that are at angles 20 mm
- KVHS 0700
- medical, state electricity commission of victoria, first aid, proflavine lotion, poison
- This bottle containing antiseptic and germicide was used by the State Electricity Commission workers on the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme for applying first aid as they worked in remote country.
- Historical: Shows the development of medicine used in first aid. Provenance: Used by the S.E.C. workers in remote areas of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme.
- Front - label: Includes - State Electricity Commission / of Victoria / 'Proflavine Lotion / 1 - 1000 / A Powerul Antiseptic / and Germicide / Poison' / - an effective First Aid Dressing / apply freely on gauze, cover with / absorbent cotton and bandage.'
Back: 'Poison' with 3 rows of 'x' on either side.
Base: 'Common Seal 4 / M452 / M'
- 27 Jul 2017 at 7:23PM