Box - First Aid Kit - S.E.C.
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- Black tin box with grubby white label with black writing on the lid. The box is hinged on the long side. Under the lid is stamped in black the date.
- 110 mm long x 80 mm wide x 15 mm high.
- KVHS 0730
- state electricity commission of victoria, kiewa hydro electric scheme, first aid kit, sanax co.
- Issued to S.E.C. workers on the Kiewa Hydro Scheme.
- Historical: Shows the development of the treatment of snakebite and first aid equipment especially as the workers were in a remote area.
- Label: 'S.E.C.' / (In a black lined border) 'Portable / First Aid Kit' / (Underneath) 'Contents' /(In 2 columns): '1" x 1" Bandage /1' x 2" bandage / Cord / 2 *'Fey pins' /
(next column) '4 Quixtrap Dressings / Lint / Adhesive Plaster / Castor Oil' / (Underneath both columns): 'Acriflavine Emulsion and Wit(h) Out ('Out' is crossed out) Snakebite Outfit' / 'Makers The Sanax Co. Melbourne'
Under the lid: '10 Jan. 1941'
- 27 Jul 2017 at 8:01PM