Historical information

Christ Church Warrnambool was one of the first hosts of the scouting movement in Warrnambool and in 1909 a bivouac was held in the church grounds under Scoutmaster Jones. It became a boys club in 1920 but the scouts were reformed in 1926, the date of this certificate. F Petterd is the name on the certificate.


A record from one of the earliest times of the scout movement in Warrnambool.

Physical description

Rectangular light card certificate coloured in orange and blue. Scout motto “Be prepared” in top centre of certificate Depicts two boys, one holding Union Jack flag, the other offering a hand to person in water. Advertisement for Scout supplies in blue ink, on the reverse.

Inscriptions & markings

Certificate register No 29058 on top left corner