The terminus of the railway, and the southern-most station on the Australian mainland, was Crowes, approximately 2 kilometres from Lavers Hill. The line ended at "The Black Stump". Crowes was designed as a fully functioning terminus and received a complete instalment of facilities. The site was laid out with three roads plus a dead end siding for a locomotive shed and ash pit. Goods sheds, a platform and livestock ramps catered for freight loadings, while on the north side was a station office, waiting room, parcels shed and passenger shelter. Three departmental residences were also provided. The resident Station Master was withdrawn in November 1916 and the station closed with the line on 10 December 1954.
Photograph. Terminus of the Colac-Crowes at Crowes.