tourists bicycle pennants
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- calico, triangular pennant. One edged in blue, the other in red.
- 32cm x 17cm
- mid 20th century
- How people went on holiday. A memento of simple holidays. The tradition of camping as the holiday of choice.
- 4089.R1 - blue edged pennant, showing the tourist sites around a place called Epen in the southern part of the province of Limburg. This is known because the name of the town is in large red letters. Three locations shown
1. Kamper Boerderij - A farm providing camping grounds.
2. Kasteel Beusdael - The Beusdael Castle
3. Wingbergermoelen - Wingberger Mill
Also a little tent beneath the name of the town, with refers to the camping holiday.
Also a maker's mark on the pennant, a small triangle with the letters L, A & B within it.
4089.R2 - red edged pennant, showing the area around Vaals in Limburg province, the name is in large red letters.
The scene shows the meeting point between the Netherlands, Germany & Belgium - "Drie Landen Punt" (Three Country Meeting Point)
Also shows the height of the viewing point (193m), as well showing other features including:
- Hotel Bellevue
- Uitzichttoren - viewing tower
- Panorama Aken - Panorama of Aachen, Germany
- Spoorbrug-Moresnet - Railwaybridge-Moresnet in Belgium.
Small makers mark. Black triangle, possible the same as that shown in the other pennant, though obscured.
- 19 May 2015 at 11:45AM