Historical information

St Peter's Church was established in 1861 in the school house. In 1864 the question of building a church was seriously discussed. A foundation stone for the church was laid on 16 November 1864 by Bendan S. Hassell. The architect was Charles Davenport Cuthbert; the trustees were Somerville Learmonth, W.P. Whitcombe, Robert Wynne and J.B. McQuie. The church building committee consisted of Horace walker, J.S. Carver, John M. Fisher, Robert Williams, Thomas Gibson, John E. Hodgson and W. Lindisay Richardson.
The foundation stone of the Soldier's Chapel was laid on 06 April 1917. The beautiful stained glass in the chapel was donated by Mrs W. Tunbridge and H.C. Curwen-Walker, in memory of their sons who were killed during World War One.
In 1929 a new three manual organ by London's Hill, Norman and Beard was installed. It was the first in Ballarat with electro-pneumatic action.

Physical description

White soft covered booklet outlining the first 100 years of St Peter's Anglican Church, Ballarat. The book includes information on each of the ministers until 1961, a programme of the Centenary Celebrations, and black and white photographs of the exterior and interior of the church.
Images include the Pittard Memorial Windows, the Crocker Memorial Windows and baptistry, and H.W.H. Adeney.