From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Moonlight scene of Churchill Island with rowboat on sea in foreground. Pink lower sky, moon full above. In large elaborate faded gold gilt frame matching 0343.
- Inside frame: 29cm W x 19cm H, Outside frame: 48.5cm W x 38.2cm H
- churchill island, margaret amess, oil painting
- Given by Margaret Amess, youngest child of Samuel and Jane, to Mary Clay who was MA's maid until married. M.C. was aunt of donor. One of a pair (see 0343).
- C. 1900
- Artist unknown, may have been Margaret Amess or her cousin Minnie Laurence, both of whom practiced art around the turn of the 20th century.
- On back: PREPARED MILLBOARD./(coat of arms)/WINSOR & NEWTON (Limited),/ARTISTS' COLOURMEN/To Her Majesty,/AND TO/T.R.H. THE PRINE & PRINCESS OF WALES,/ 38, RATHBONE PLACE, W/NORTH LONDON COLOUR WORKS, KENTISH TOWN, N.W.
- 4 Feb 2020 at 11:35AM