Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Wooden Chest

From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria

Description
Large unpainted cedar chest with hinged lid. Lid has rounded edges. Board at base.
Size
1041cm W X 498cm D X 480cm H with lid closed
Object Registration
0215
Keywords
amess house, cedar chest, samuel amess, churchill island
Historical information
The trunk was existing in the house when Gerald Buckley took over from Amess family in 1929 (Edith Jeffery pers. comm.). Edith took the chest when they left the island in the 1930's. It was used by the Jeffery family to store linen.
When Made
late 1800s
Last updated
31 Jul 2015 at 1:25PM